Monday, August 21, 2006

A nifty, cheap gotta have gadget!

Recently I found this at my local walgreens, and purchased it for a measely $4.99. What's great about a flashlight, you ask? Well, for one thing it uses no batteries! That's right, no batteries. Just shake it back and forth for 30 seconds and you get 20 minutes of bright light from it's L.E.D. bulb. It's only 7 inches long, so keep it anywhere...a drawer, your car's glove compartment, your purse...anywhere you might need an emergency light and you don't want to have to worry about whether or not the batteries are any good.

I know for a fact that it works great, the night after I bought it, we had a power outage that started at 9 pm, and lasted about three hours...I used this little baby to sit in the living room and read Stephen King's "Cell", which I'd just started reading. And believe me, sitting in the dark reading that book by flashlight is a real kick! The light it produces is surprisingly bright and easy on the eyes. Just make sure you don't shake it too hard like my son did with my first one and managed to break it! So make sure and pick up one of these, they're one of the best buys you'll find!

2 comments:

Highly Agitated said...

Horror novel plug: I just read "Summer of Night" by Dan Simmons and thought it was pretty damn good. I LOVE his speculative fiction work, but even his early horror stuff is fantastic.

"Summer" reminds me a bit of SK's IT, but creepier.

Forcemaster2000 said...

Thx highly agitated! I'll check that one out, I've been looking for a good read lately. :)