Saturday, March 29, 2008

Slowly feeling better...

Tomorrow, it will have been two weeks since I wrecked on my scooter. For having managed to not break any bones, it's certainly taking long enough for me to heal! I am finally feeling better though. I guess at 44 years old, you don't bounce back as quickly as you did at 18! And I did bounce pretty good on the pavement. :)

I went out to the shed yesterday for the first time since the accident, and got into the seat storage compartment on the scooter to get my jacket out of it. Since I was feeling much better compared to the day I last put the scooter away, I checked it out, and found that it wasn't too badly damaged at all. The wind-screen was busted in half, (no big deal there, the rest just needs to be unscrewed and it can go away). The right hand mirror is broken in half, and there are some small scratches down the right-hand rear side. It seems I came out of the accident worse than it did. Everything electrical seemed to be working fine, didn't even bust a tail-light. I didn't feel up to starting it, but I did ride it home about six miles after the crash, so I'm sure it still runs just fine as well.

I should be able to get close to what I paid for it this summer when i put it up for sale. I hate the thought of putting it up for sale, I've put less than 50 miles on it, and have yet to ride it in decent weather. Even though I'd been riding it in 30 some degree weather, it was still a lot of fun. I haven't even been able to just go out on a fun jaunt on it. My experience with healing though has made it obvious to me that I'd be better off leaving scooter riding to those younger than me. I felt really bad that night in the E.R. watching my wife sit worriedly next to me for 5 hours. She deserves better than to have to worry each time I'd go out on it. Funny thing is though, she's the one that's always wanting to have these "wild adventures". Thing is, wild adventures end up badly about as often as they do well!

No comments: