Friday, July 06, 2007

Has Apple shot itself in the foot with it's I-phone?

Apparently, that cool new I-phone that so many people have bought up in record numbers has an ugly achille's heel that no one knew about!

The battery for the phone is 'soldered' into the unit. If your battery goes bad, unlike most cell phones, you won't be able to just go out and buy a replacement one. You'll have to send your I-phone back to Apple so they can put a battery in for you, and get this...it's going to cost you $79 and an additional $6.95 for shipping and handling. Also, it will take 3 business days before you get the phone back! But wait, don't worry, while you don't have your phone, Apple will 'give' you a loaner I-phone for only $29!

Do those numbers make your cool new phone that cost you $499 - $599 seem like a good deal. Not to mention the $60 a month service fee. It figures that something that's supposed to revoluntionize the cell phone industry would have some sort of shady gimmick designed to suck more money out of it's consumers. I can't tell you how happy I am that I can't afford an I-phone. I'll just stick with my little pre-paid T-mobile phone, thank you very much Mr. Jobs!

No comments: