Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Let's get the party started!


Ok, totally new to this blogging thing...yeah, I know, I'm waaay behind the times here. LOL! I had a regular website for several years (one I rarely updated) and recently got rid of it. It was one of those free geocities websites, don't bother with them anymore...it may be an ok hosting site if you're paying for it, but they're really cracking down on the free sites.

I decided it was time to try this blogging phenomenon, and found that I'd registered here about six months ago! Totally forgot about it, so here I am, trying this out to see what it's like. I'm a 42 year old environmental controls engineer with a strong interest in 3-D modeling. To the right there you can see a recent image I created using my app, Truespace 5.2 Truespace is a semi-professional 3-D modeling package I purchased a couple of years ago and have been slowly learning. If you'd like to see more of my work (until I get it posted here), here's a link to some of my work that I've uploaded to photobucket. Photobucket/Forcemaster2000

I work 40 hours a week at my boring, inane job. So I only get to do my modeling on the weekends and evenings that I'm not too burned out! If I were younger, I'd probably go back to school and get a degree in computer graphic modeling, but I'm sorry to say that boat has already left the dock! I was born just a little too much before the computer revolution really got into full swing. Hell, I remember being in college as a freshman and being all excited about messing around with a Texas Instruments TI-99 home computer at a retail store...if you don't remember that computer, it was little more than a up-jumped calculator!

Well, I guess that's enough for now...I'll try and get back here on a regular basis and update this thing with what's going on, and maybe post some more of my 3-D work. Everybody have a great day and I'll text at ya later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great start, I like your 3d moeling.