Saturday, July 22, 2006

Ahh! Saturday!

Well, if you don't like the weather in (insert STATE here), wait five minutes and it will change!

Thankfully, the heat has subsided at least for awhile and today was blessedly wonderful, just the right amount of sunshine leaking down between big puffy cumulous clouds, and a cool breeze to boot. I enjoyed my lunch today at work as I often do sitting in my vehicle in the parking lot, windows down to enjoy the weather. That's probably why I'm in a much better mood today than I have been in awhile. Tomorrow promises to be the same as well, if the forecaster's aren't pulling our collective leg that is.

My moods have always been very affected by the weather...winter is always very tough for me especially. I'm one of those people who need sunshine to keep me going. I remember one winter a few years ago when we set a record of 45 consecutive days without seeing the sun...I remember feeling so bad I was beginning to wonder if I'd eventually become suicidal! Luckily I made it through to a sunrise. Which makes it all the more strange when you consider that my wife hates the sunshine and feels best on a foggy or rainy day. I guess us being opposites helps to make things work for us. So for now, I'll enjoy the beautiful weather and worry about cloudy days another time!

No comments: