Friday, June 26, 2015

Yuck! It's raining again!

I don't know why I'm even bothering to complain about the rain. Here in the midwest this year, it seems to be the norm and should just be expected. My poor psyche has been taking a beating for the past month or so, with all this rain and associated cloudy skies. I'm the type that needs blue skies and sunshine to keep out of the gutters of depression.

I have, "thank the major" (kudos to anyone that gets that reference!) gotten my first job out of school, and it's even a design job. Marketing assistant at a medium-sized regional financial institution. Lots and lots of design work, they do all their marketing materials in-house, (brochures, posters, letterheads...etc.) and even print a large majority of it themselves (ourselves) on some very imposing industrial printers capable of more than I've ever dealt with before.

It just goes to show that it's never too late to follow a dream and have it come true. It just takes perseverance and a lot of blood, sweat and tears!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not enjoying this rain either.. messed up my plans for my bday.. on top of being extremely tired. Glad you found a job with your degree. I didn't there was anything in Fort Wayne. Maybe I'll come work with you whenever I graduate ;)