Monday, June 27, 2011

A little labor in the backyard...

Too tired to really blog about anything today, I spent the afternoon in my backyard repairing the top step of our deck(finished product as seen above). It probably took me about five hours total, surprisingly though that time went by soooo fast! I don't have a "before" picture, didn't think to take one before I started demolishing the old step. It was caving in and had become a danger to anyone stepping out the back door.

All in all, I think I did a pretty good job, considering that the person who'd originally built it apparently had run out of resources, and or patience by the time they got around to the top step, which would have had to have been done last. It was neither properly squared, nor was it level. What I did, is at least level, and about as square as possible considering the pre-existing deck below it. It only needs to last for a couple of years anyway, by then I hope to be in a position to have someone else come in and demolish the whole thing and build me a new, better deck anyway!

No comments: