Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stupid People...


My wife asked me tonight, "don't you think the internet is making people stupid? That they're becoming worse spellers, maybe because the internet is making them lazy?" I had to disappoint her though. A recent study (I can't remember who was behind it though), showed that IQ's have actually gotten higher the longer we've had the internet. I told my wife that it's not that people are getting more stupid, it's just that there have always been a lot of stupid people out there all along, and that with the advent of the internet, blogs and especially social networking sites, we're all just exposed to more and more of those stupid people. Whereas before, they just sat around the TV picking their noses, now they take video of themselves doing it and post it on Youtube!

No comments: