Sunday, May 17, 2009

Facebook Sucks

Facebook sucks! That's the long and short of it. I got on Facebook against my better judgement since quite a few members of my family were on it, and it did make it easier to stay in touch with them. During the "entire" week that I was on it though, my virus scanner alerted me to more viruses, trojans and worms during that week than it had for the entire previous year! On top of that, several of my accounts got hacked, not very seriously though thank GOD!

In the end, my netbook was so compromised by Facebook, I had to reformat the hard-drive and re-install the operating system. Well, actually it was my son that did that for me, and he did a great job. Now it's simply become a matter of getting all my software back up and running. So, make sure you steer clear of Facebook at all costs, it just isn't worth it. If you want to stay in touch with family and friends, just use email and a secure chat program!

1 comment:

greg oakes said...

wanna be my facebook friend? ;) lol... seriously though, thanks so much for stoppin' by my blog and leaving the comment! i have to admit i'm a wee bit jealous; i wish i could shoot electricity from my finger tips! damn that's cool shit man! ;) lol... all the best! see you on youtube bro! ~go

ps. unfortunately i'm hooked on the facebook; but i totally dig what you're saying. i too had some crazy trojan shit happen not too long ago; me thinks it was the facefuck site! ;) argh! >:( anyhooo... chat with ya later! thanks again!

word verification: hyphysin