Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wassup!

I don't know...I'm having a totally weird evening. I've been sick the last couple of days, missed work and everything. Actually my whole family has been sick. First my son came down with something? He mostly had a stuffy nose and sore throat. Then my wife and I both came down with symptoms. She's been achy, sore throat, headaches...while I've been runny nose, achy, weird stomach. I've ate a couple of times today, but I still feel like I could use something, but don't know what. Nothing that we've got sounds good, and gas is sure way too expensive to be trekking out just to satisfy a craving, especially when I don't know what for!

I've been doing a lot of learning the last week or so on a 3D program called Blender, a free 3D program that's been around for a few years now. It's basically a professional level 3D creation tool like the one I've paid for to use called Truespace, only much more powerful. I've tried using it in the past, but it's user interface is extremely daunting. I recently bought a book called, "The Essential Blender" edited by Roland Hess. It's extremely well written and has already got me doing some pretty amazing stuff. I hope to be posting some examples here soon. Anyone interested into getting into 3D CGI, I higly recommend that you look into Blender, which can be found HERE If it looks like something you'd like to try, I highly recommend getting Roland Hess's book, and just follow all the tutorials in order.

No comments: