Saturday, April 21, 2007

U.S. building walls, instead of tearing them down!

With very little fanfare, and no input from the people being "boxed in", the United States military have begun boxing in a sunni neighborhood "for their safety".

Story here at CNN

How would you like it if the military suddenly began building a wall around your neighborhood, complete with gates and security check-points. Would you feel safe, or would you feel like you're being locked up in a make-shift prison?

I for one would feel like a prisoner in my own home. Segregated from the rest of my supposedly "democratic" country because of my religious affiliation. Singled out because my faith was different than that of others who are more in favor with the ruling party...Gee! Wasn't that what we went into Iraq to stop in the first place?! Looks like things in Iraq have come full circle and are now right back where they started, it's just someone else in charge now, and someone new being supressed.

No comments: