Sunday, June 15, 2014

I'm Sick of the Google World Cup Doodles!


Okay, it's official, I'm sick of seeing Google's doodles all being something related to the 2014 World Cup! According to a google search I did, the World Cup final won't be until July 13th, 2014! Does that mean that we're going to be subjected to these World Cup related google doodle splashes until then?! I certainly hope not...It's time to put them to rest and just go back to the normal Google homepage, or at least give something else around the world a chance to be there.

This may be blasphemy in some parts of the world, but I don't even like soccer! And don't even get me started on how the rest of the world insists on calling it, "football".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! One world cup doodle every day is bad enough. Multiple doodles is so utterly annoying! If Google can do nothing else but decide that there's nothing even equally as important, let alone more important, going on in the world than soccer games, they're way too single minded for my taste. It's time for a different search engine.

ScarletCarson said...

I was just about to blog about this same thing. I'm aware that the whole world is in love with soccer, but since I really don't give a crap about any sport, I resent having it crammed down my throat every time I just want to do a freaking Google search.

enigma said...

How about you put on your big boy pants, stop crying and use the search bar built in to most browsers.

Luke S said...

dude i agree with you completely.

And there's only one FOOTBALL in the world - its the one where you put on helmets and pads and go out there to actually PLAY A MAN SPORT. None of that sissy soccer BS. That aint football.

-Sincerely,
A Sincere FOOTBALL Fan That Doesn't "Soccer" "FOOTBALL".

Anonymous said...

Duckduckgo.com