Monday, November 15, 2010

Getting older is going to suck!

My wife and I were just arguing. Somehow, one channel, and only one channel on our television turned into a small box in the center of the screen. My wife wasn't sure if it was already that way, or if somehow she'd done it with the remote. I made the mistake of going in and trying to "fix" it. Somehow, between the television remote and the cable box remote, I managed to turn everything into a weird, small aspect and couldn't figure out how to get it back.

About that time, our son and his girlfriend came downstairs on their way to their evening college classes and I asked my son to try and figure out what I'd screwed up. He eventually got everything back to the way it was before I "fixed" it, with just the one channel looking weird. When my son left is when my wife and I started arguing. She was upset because she said I made us look like "old people" who didn't know how to work the remote. We argued for a little bit, then I left the room.

That was when it hit me and I couldn't stop laughing. I went back and told her that I am the old man who can't work the remote, and that she's the old woman who's so afraid of the remote, that she'd rather sit there and watch the TV even though it's all weird and screwed up! She didn't think it was funny or insightful, and so I left the room and put this up on the internet for the world to read...she's gonna love me for this one!

No comments: