Wednesday, December 12, 2007

This really ticks me off....

I was reading the other day on CNN about how Christmas cards being sent to wounded American soldiers that are only addressed to "a wounded American soldier", are being returned to sender, or just being destroyed. The government has defended this saying that they fear for the safety of wounded soldiers, who might receive a card with anthrax in it, or a harmful message saying something like "you're a baby-killer". They say that only cards addressed to a specific person would be allowed through.

The government doesn't seem to care if "I" get anthrax through the mail, or harmful messages because I receive anonymous letters through the mail every day. I constantly get letters addressed to "current resident". If it's all right for us to get mass mailings, why can't wounded soldiers? I think we're doing a dis-service to our wounded vets, especially at a time when they can use all the encouragement they can get from the very people they got wounded protecting!

No comments: